Iten Funeral Homes provide caskets, vaults and funeral service options in various price ranges. There may also be cemetery fees, tax, floral arrangements, or other charges beyond the control of the funeral home. The full extent of Iten’s efforts on your behalf is determined by your needs and your wishes.
Items for you to consider include:
- Chapel, Church, or Graveside service
- Cemetery Space
- Honoraria for clergy/musicians
- Copies of the death certificate
- Outer Burial Container
- Family transportation
Iten Funeral Home offers complete cremation options. If you are considering cremation, you should know that there is a wide range of choices available to you.
Decisions you will need to make include:
- A container or combustible casket for the body
- An urn for the cremated remains, ranging from the included plastic urn
- Whether there is to be any viewing, public or private
- Location and scheduling of a memorial service
- Final placement of the cremated remains
- Newspaper notices
Since the founding of Iten Funeral Homes, it has been our policy to provide full information about funeral arrangements and costs. These days a variety of funeral alternatives are available and you will find that Iten’s itemized funeral charges will be informative and helpful when considering service details.
A licensed representative of Iten Funeral Homes is willing to answer any questions you may have. There is no fee for pre-arrangement consultation and there will never be any pressure or obligation. Please contact us for a free general price list, casket price list, and outer burial container price list.
To Assist you, Iten Funeral Home will provide the following information:
• SOCIAL SECURITY: Iten will notify Social Security of a death. This will aid in stopping monthly checks. If you are entitled to benefits, please call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213. You will need to have your and your spouse’s Social Security numbers, dates of birth of minor children, and your marriage date.
• VETERAN’S BENEFITS: At your request, Iten Funeral Homes will file applications for a flag, marker, and cash burial benefits. If you have questions about dependent and/or survivor benefits, call the National Service Officer at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 828-298-7911 (ext. 5331).
• INSURANCE: Insurance Companies generally require claimants statements and death certificates. Your director at Iten Funeral Homes is familiar with the process and will assist you on request.